Recorded at the end of October 2020, Jackie and Skipper talked about some number of topics, including how being parents helped them both do better work, how Jackie thinks about recruiting as an art and a science, how fit is both important for the job seeker as well as for the company, how you should never settle for a job (unless you're a contractor), how all designers should have a portfolio, and how important it is to do your research before you apply for a job.
Our show starts with a flub but we quickly recover. We talk about what it means when a designer uses off-the-shelf templates for their resume. Jackie's advice? Designers, design your resume. Also, send the right cover letter.
Stay tuned after the outro music for a triumphant moment where technology didn't win. Which means we won. And that's always a good day. 😂
- Goodby Silverstein
- 20 Years of ‘Got Milk?’
- Level Studios
- Facebook is merging Messenger with Instagram's direct messages - Mashable
- Closed Mouths Don't Get Fed
- The future of work: By 2025, 36 million Americans will be remote workers
- Jackie on LinkedIn
- Jackie on S01E01 of Outsights-In by KPN Technium
- Intro and outro song: "Zombie Nation" by Jose Travieso