This episode of How This Works addresses adult subject matters and contains adult language.
As a marketing veteran, Brad breaks down the world of cannabis in this conversation with Skipper. There are stops along the way to talk about Shakespeare, punk rock, William Randolph Hurst, how the illegality of marijuana affects the prison/jail system in this country, the history of reefer madness, how President-elect Biden and speaker Pelosi are closer in age to the assasination of Lincoln than to the present day, H.R.3884 - MORE Act, and the tobacco industry among other subjects.
Learn about happens to the human body when you smoke, eat, drink, or otherwise consume cannabis and CBD products. Also, what you should look out for when you're looking for quality CBD products. Brad also talks about his recent work with Tha Hood Squad, a nonprofit street organization, black and brown led, working to fight against overpolicing, racial profiling, and living with gentrification in east Palo Alto (northwestern corner of Santa Clara County, California) — which is right across the street from a significantly more afluent part of town.
This episode contains some explicit language and adult subject matter. Stay tuned after the outro music to hear Skipper lay out with some expletives about one of the goals of How This Works, "F-word it, own the thing that you know!"
This episode was edited and mastered by Troy Lococo.
- Remembering Longtime Theatre Director Sidney Berger
- Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare
- On "The Winter's Tale"
- "Titus" (1999) with Anthony Hopkins, Jessica Lange, and Osheen Jones among others
- Julie Taymor, from Wikipedia
- Julie Taymor's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (2014)
- "Reefer Madness" by Eric Schlosser
- H.R.3884 - MORE Act of 2020
- The Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018
- What are Terpenes?
- Decarboxylating Cannabis: Turning THCA into THC
- Cannabigerol (CBG)
- Tha Hood Squad
- Tha Hood Squad on Instagram
- Intro and outro song: "Zombie Nation" by Jose Travieso